In-Person Worship Returns
Indoor, in-person worship returned to Redeemer at the end of February, 2021. We currently have one in-person service at 8:30 am on Sunday mornings. The 10 am service will remain a virtual-only service (Zoom/live-stream.)
While it remains safest to worship online, Redeemer’s Reopening Task Force has used State and Federal Guidelines as well as the latest scientific information to make a plan for in-person worship that is as safe as it can be.
Every person attending the 8:30 am in-person worship service at Redeemer will be required to wear a mask over both their mouth and nose at all times and sit in one of the designated, socially distanced pews. Communion will be taken in our seats, and there will be no singing or communal responses from the assembly. Worship services will be short (~30 mins) and there will be no bulletins or shared worship materials.
We ask that you love your neighbor by taking seriously the following guidelines:
- No one should attend in person worship if they have recently tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone known to have tested positive
- No one should come to church if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, muscle aches, or stomach upset.
- Mask wearing is required at all times except when consuming communion. Masks are worn both indoors and outdoors, while checking in and while seated.
- A physical distance of 6 or more feet is to be maintained between family groups at all times.
- Bathrooms are to be used only in emergencies and only by one family at a time.
Our Reopening Redeemer committee will continue to meet regularly and restrictions and guidelines will be updated as warranted. We are excited to welcome you back, but your health and safety is our top priority. Please know that our 10 am virtual service will continue for all those not yet ready to return to in-person worship.
Worship is at the heart of what we do at Redeemer.
Worship at Redeemer is friendly but not informal, relevant but not trendy. We worship using the liturgy, the age-old pattern of the church, which provides a recognizable flow to the service.
During this COVID season, Redeemer is offering virtual worship on-line and modified in-person services when it is safe to do so. Both virtual and in-person services follow the same pattern and always include Holy Communion.
We Gather, we Hear the Word, we Share in the Meal, and we are Sent to do God’s work in the world.