Job Summary: The Program Administrator will lead our congregation through all aspects of the faith journey and provide opportunities to deepen spiritual experience through education and fellowship.
We are looking for an organized, resourceful, enthusiastic, responsible, open-minded leader to help us live out our mission: United in Christ, we share God’s love in an ever-changing world. Could it be you?
This is a full-time position with a $48,000 annual salary plus benefits (Health, Retirement Plan(403b), Continuing Education Support, and PTO). The Program Administrator position has the following main components:
- Christian education
- Congregational Life and Fellowship
Many Christian communities, including our own, have been experimenting with new approaches for effective ministry in these areas. We are looking for a leader who will take the time to learn about us and our community, partner with us in finding new methods of outreach, and lead us into new endeavors.
Primary Areas of Focus
Christian Education: Oversee the development and presentation of educational opportunities for all ages. Responsibilities include curriculum development, scheduling, recruiting and supporting volunteers, and publicizing programs.
- Christian education and milestone programs for children and youth
- Adult learning opportunities
- Intergenerational learning opportunities
- Programs offered in collaboration with other congregational ministries
These programs have historically been based on traditional models, but flexibility and creativity will be encouraged to imagine new ways of engaging individuals and families.
Congregational Life/Fellowship: Develop and coordinate programs and special events that gather the congregation together and help us more effectively connect with each other and with our neighbors. Efforts in this area will involve recruiting volunteers, coordinating activities among various groups in the congregation, collaborating with fellow staff members, and fostering connections with other area churches and with the community at large.
- Regular opportunities for congregational fellowship gatherings
- High School Youth Program
- Mission Trips and Service Projects
- Community Engagement
- Small Groups
- Implement/Support the effective use of streaming services, website content updates, and other appropriate social media
- Demonstrate strong computer skills- proficiency with Microsoft products and cloud-based applications including Zoom, Canva, and Church Administrative Software
- Maintain files and records; submit reports as required for above programs
- Work collaboratively as a member of the church staff
- Facilitate communications and publicity using a variety of media
- Take on new projects and tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate innovation and creativity in the following:
- Ability to recruit, equip, and support leaders
- Ability to relate well and to minister to the needs of people of all ages
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to build a sense of community
- Skill in planning and leading programs in conjunction with volunteers
- Ability to be flexible, versatile, and to follow through with assigned responsibilities
- Strong commitment to and understanding of Lutheran theology
- Relevant work experience
- Strong technology proficiency
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution
The Program Administrator will work in an individual office with a door, and the space is wheelchair accessible. The Program Administrator will also work at off-site locations for various ministry events. The Program Administrator is required to be physically present in the office and be available to work outside of regular business hours, including evenings and weekends, as required. This position also may include overnight travel and multi-day off-site assignments such as camps and mission trips. The Program Administrator must be able to multi-task and to work cooperatively with other members of the staff and volunteers.
Accountability and Supervision:
The Program Administrator will be accountable to the congregation and to its mission under the supervision and direction of the Senior Pastor.
While performing the duties of this job, the Program Administrator must be able to transport materials and equipment. This position is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and also to participate in vigorous physical activities. The Program Administrator must be able to operate a motor vehicle to conduct business related to the job, including at night, and to safely transport youth and parishioners to church sponsored activities. The physical demands described here are representative, but not inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position of Program Administrator. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Program Administrator Search Committee
Redeemer Lutheran Church
139 E. 1st St, Hinsdale, IL 60521
Please email any questions to SearchCommittee@redeemerhinsdale.org
*Applicants should be prepared to provide two references and submit to a background check.
A bit about us –
Redeemer is a healthy, mid-sized congregation that recently celebrated its 100th anniversary in ministry. Our Community is blessed with a dynamic pastor, engaged volunteer leadership, and a generous budget with annual surpluses. Our Senior Pastor, Reverend Katie Hines-Shah, has been called to Redeemer for eleven years. Our staff includes a full-time music director and office administrator as well as other part-time staff and pastoral interns. With a deep commitment to music, Christian education and service, we hope to grow in depth of faith and to reach our neighbors more effectively.
Redeemer is located near the village of Hinsdale’s quaint downtown. Hinsdale has some of the top-rated schools in the state as well as easy access to Chicago via Metra and freeways. Community services are ample with a thriving library, recreation center, and summer music festival series. Hinsdale residents tend to be professionals with advanced degrees. Redeemer also draws from the wider Western Suburbs and has an economically diverse membership.
Redeemer is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (www.ELCA.org) and a Reconciling in Christ (RIC) congregation (www.redeemerhinsdale.org/we-welcome-you). We seek to celebrate diversity and welcome all to fully participate in our community.