Redeemer Lutheran Church is a wonderful place to have a wedding ceremony. Redeemer welcomes the celebration of marriages for all couples, members and non-members, regardless of sexual orientation. Questions regarding availability, cost, and wedding guidelines should be directed to the church office.
The pastor of Redeemer will preside at Christian wedding ceremonies after a couple has completed pre-marital counseling either with the pastor or another approved counselor. Redeemer’s Music Director will perform at all weddings unless special arrangements have been made with them in advance. Redeemer also provides wedding hosts who make sure the ceremony runs smoothly.
Wedding Information Form
FAQs about Weddings at Redeemer
- Do you perform wedding ceremonies for non-members. Yes
- What is the seating capacity of the church? About 250
- Is the building handicap accessible? Yes, we have an elevator on the west side of the building, enter under the canopy.
- Photographer/Videographer? No flash photos are allowed during the ceremony. Videographer may not set up any equipment in the chancel/altar area. Videotaping may be done from the balcony or the floor of the sanctuary.
- Are there local florists you can recommend? There are three florists in downtown Hinsdale. Each has a key for the building and can deliver flowers when needed.
- Jane’s Blue Iris, 630-325-2983
- Hinsdale Flower Shop, 630-323-0313
- Philip’s Flowers, 630-323-9300.
- Do you have a musician on staff? Yes, Graeme Shields is our Director of Music and will coordinate music for the ceremony.
- How long is the center aisle? 66 feet long
- Do you have an aisle runner? Yes, and can be used for the cost of cleaning it – $75.00
- Redeemer has a wedding host who will be available on the day of the wedding and rehearsal to help with coordination of the ceremony.
- No beverages are allowed in the nave at any time.